Water is a vital element for human life, but it can also be a carrier of various microorganisms
that can cause illness and disease. Therefore, it is essential to have safe drinking water,
especially in areas where the quality of water is questionable. While there are several methods
of water purification, UV water filter systems have gained popularity in recent times. In this
blog, we'll explore what UV water filter systems are and why they are considered the safest way
to get rid of bacteria in water.
What is a UV water filter system?
UV water filter systems use ultraviolet light to eliminate bacteria, viruses, and other
microorganisms present in water. These systems consist of a UV lamp, a quartz sleeve that
houses the lamp, and a filtration system that removes sediments and impurities from water
before it enters the UV chamber. When water flows through the chamber, it gets exposed to
UV light, which destroys the DNA of microorganisms, rendering them unable to replicate and
5 reasons why you should consider using a UV sterilizer
1. Chemical-free purification: UV water filter systems don't use any chemicals to purify
water, making them an eco-friendly option. Unlike other water purification methods like
chlorine treatment, UV water filter systems don;t leave any residual chemicals in water.
2. Effective against a wide range of microorganisms: UV water filter systems are effective
against a broad spectrum of microorganisms, including bacteria, viruses, and protozoa.
They can eliminate up to 99.99% of harmful microorganisms, ensuring safe drinking
3. No alteration in water taste: Since UV water filter systems dont add any chemicals or
alter the taste of water, they're an excellent option for people who want to drink pure
and natural-tasting water.
4. Low maintenance: UV water filter systems require minimal maintenance. The only part
that needs replacement periodically is the UV lamp, which lasts for about 9-12 months.
5. Affordable: UV water filter systems are an affordable option for households and small
businesses. They have a low initial cost, and the cost of replacing the UV lamp is also
Factors to consider when selecting a UV water filter system
- Water source and quality: The first step in choosing a UV water filter is to determine the quality of your water source. Conduct a water test to identify the types and levels of contaminants in your water, such as bacteria, viruses, and protozoa. This information will help you select a UV water filter system with the appropriate features to meet your needs.
- Flow rate: The flow rate of a UV water filter system determines how much water it canpurify per minute. Consider your households water consumption needs and select a system that can provide an adequate flow rate.
- UV lamp quality: The quality of the UV lamp in a filter system is critical in determining its effectiveness in eliminating microorganisms from water. Look for a UV lamp with a high- intensity output to ensure efficient purification.
- System size and installation: UV water filter systems come in various sizes, so choose a size that fits your available space and meets your household water consumption needs. Also, consider the installation process, whether it requires professional installation or if you can install it yourself.
- Maintenance and cost: UV water filter systems require periodic maintenance, such as replacing the UV lamp and cleaning the system. Consider the cost of maintenance and factor it into your budget.
Bluonics UV water filter system provides a reliable and efficient solution to eliminate harmful
bacteria from your water. With its chemical-free and eco-friendly features, it ensures the purity
and safety of your drinking water. The system's affordability, low maintenance, and easy
installation make it an excellent investment for homeowners who value clean and safe water.
Bluonics offers wide variety of water filtration systems for many different applications. Contact us for proper recommendations, sizing and price. Give us a call (916) 975-6220 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org