The air we breathe is a direct contributor to our quality of life. Most people spend most of their time indoors where air pollution levels are usually 2 to 5 times higher than outdoors. People with respiratory conditions such as asthma, COPD, and seasonal allergies need to be aware of the air quality within their living or working space.
Why an Air Purifier?
- Allergies & Asthma: People with allergies or asthma, should choose an air purifier that has multiple levels of filtration including HEPA filters to help remove allergens that are in the air.
- Pets: Pet owners are also at risk of developing or exacerbating their allergies due to the sheer amount of allergens produced by pets in the form of hair and particles. There are many purifiers that are designed to remove pet dander, but Bluonics offers a low cost water based filter that helps combat pet dander and odors.
- Smoke: Not all air purifiers are designed to remove smoke particulates. HEPA filters + Activated Carbon Filters are the most effective technology to remove high concentrations of smoke and odor.
- Smells and Odors: To capture unpleasant smells, smoke, and pet odors you should use a purifier with activated carbon.
- Bacteria: To eliminate any airborne bacteria or viruses you need an air purifier with an ultraviolet light sterilizer. The power of UVC radiation eliminates 99.99% of any microorganisms present in your air. It is entirely safe and doesn't produce any unwanted byproducts.
- Chemicals: Look for a filter with a Cold catalyst. This modern technology allows for the absorption and breaking down of harmful gases like benzene, formaldehyde, ammonia, and many other VOCs.
What Size Air Purifier?
To choose the right air purifier for your home, you need the square footage of the room you want to purify.
What Features are important when looking for an Air Purifier?
- Always read your air purifier owner’s manual and learn how often you need to replace the air filters.
- HEPA Filters: Depending on the use, HEPA filters last about 6 months to a year.
- Always turn your unit off before any maintenance, filter change, or even unplugging the unit.
- Do not block your air purifier unit this will result in improper air circulation
- Never use your air purifier outside or on a wet surface, it will not be effective and it leads to dangerous and destructive electrical fires
Bluonics offers two different Air Purifying Technologies:
Water based filter
Filterless air purifiers work by swirling water with a motor, the rotating motion of the water draws in air to remove any dust, pollen, and other allergens that may be present in your air. The water base air filter also helps decrease any smoke or pet odors in the room.
Although they are not certified as humidifiers, the water's movement creates a light mist that refreshes the room. They also work well as a diffuser, deodorizing the air with any fragrance or essential oil you like. Some water-based air filters also have a built-in nightlight that you can use beside your nightstand and enjoy refreshing clean air while you sleep. They usually come in a compact size, perfect to give as gifts!
HEPA Air Filters
To ensure that 99% of airborne contaminants are filtered, you will need a certified HEPA device.
The HEPA filters are able to remove germs, dust, pollen, mold, pet dander, and other allergens very effectively. With close to 50 Million Americans suffering from allergies, True HEPA filters are in higher demand than ever. You can identify a quality HEPA air filter if it's certified as a True HEPA filter with 99.97% efficiency at removing contaminants measuring 0.3 microns and includes other layers of filtration
STILL NOT SURE WHICH SYSTEM TO PICK?
- 0 comment
- Tags: Alkaline, drinking water, fitness, healthy, lifestyle, reverse osmosis systems, RO, tap water, ultraviolet water sterilizer